Sunday, August 5, 2012

You need to take a break...

This is something I hear often and from the bottom of my heart am so grateful to the friends that are trying to keep me grounded! But I do have to share this...

There is never a break. I wake up wondering how she slept, did she have them in her sleep,she wakes up I stand and stare at her waiting for it to happen, I feed breakfast and watch, EVERY.SINGLE.ACTION is watched. Watched not just casually but watched intently. I feel like I live my life with my head turned to the side just watching. If I'm not watching I am doing google search after google search to try and find blogs and stories of people who are walking the same Epilepsy road, chat rooms, medical reviews, facebook foundation pages, medication pages. Today I am just spent. Last night George and I got away for a couple of hours and today I was able to get away for a little shopping and lunch with a friend. I am blessed. But I had to apologize and confess to my friend that although I was "there" I wasn't "there". When does life go back to "normal" but what is "normal" and this path is long and not quick and easy. So many questions, so few answers. I want to say if I haven't put it out there before that I know that we are not the only family to walk this and in fact we are fortunate that her case is only what it is as it could be so much worse. Nonetheless, it is our path right now and this momma is tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment