Thursday, September 6, 2012

Changes are in the air...

So it's been awhile since I've updated. Life is good and blessed always even on the days I just want to curl up and stay in bed. Raegan is such a little trooper and doesn't complain at all. She is transitioning to a new preschool here in town. It is only about 5 minutes from the house and will be going two days a week. It was very hard for ME to make the transition. At our "old" preschool we were at when she began her seizures this time they were with us every step of the way as we started new medicine, they watched her video to see what her seizures looked like and it was just a comfort since we were all walking this new path together. So as we left Ms. Melissa, Ms. Kelly and Ms. Suki it was with tears as I felt my safety net was gone. Short lived anxiety though I guess since we went to visit for the day together before she started and she had a seizure so I was able to show her teachers. Well, that proved positive since the first day by herself (momma was anxious at home) sure enough she had one. Her teacher recognized it right away and now I feel like I can trust she won't have to go through an episode alone.

Several people have asked what the results were from the MEG scan that we went for in SF. It came back and confirmed what the EEG had told us. She has definite abnormal seizure activity in a specific focalized area on the left side of her brain. However, they still do not "SEE" an abnormal spot on the MRI. Not that there is not an abnormal spot but they don't SEE it which means there is no way at this point to define the borders of an abnormal area. So what now? Well, Dr. Sullivan is presenting her case to his surgical board/team the third week of Sept to see where to...only a little nerve wracking right?!
In the mean time we have added her third medicine to the cocktail. We are trying to wean her off the second one she was on as her behavior was OFF.THE.HOOK, impulsive is an understatement! Unfortunately we have outlived the "honeymoon" period of six days without a seizure and we had to up her third medicine today :(

To say this road is up and down is an understatement. It is so hard to go days without a seizure to see one. I had posted a video of a teenage girl who has been battling Epilepsy for three years and she said she had to decide to TAKE CONTROL and not let the Epilepsy CONTROL HER. What sounds like something simple is actually very difficult. I have spent the last almost 2 months SEIZED by Epilepsy. I have not wanted to leave the house, stopped going to play dates, have sat at home all day everyday. It is not easy to move on but this last week decided to TAKE CONTROL back. We have been out more and have even gone for a few walks. My cleaning supplies were actually put to use and I was able to get out of the rut a bit. However I still ask for grace and patience if it seems like I have ignored you or play dates it's not 'intentional' it's a process.

Love and Blessings to you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Annette you are so strong and I know that strength comes straight from your heavenly Father who loves and cares deeply for you all. I continue to pray for you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that Raegan is doing well at her new school. I miss her sweet face!! I think about you guys a lot and hope that life is good!! I will always have a spot for my sweet Raegan anytime you need us!! Let me know if you need anything, please!! Miss you!! Tell Raegan that I said hi and that I miss her bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...with all the stuff my little family has gone through, I can't even imagine how strong you have to be to handle this as your everyday! What a gift that you are able to share your journey open heartedly with us! Thank you ;)
    Stay strong and go live life!!

    ReplyDelete