Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meet Dr. Sullivan...

So I went to bed late and got up early. Story of how it goes around here. Anyway, I was reading through paperwork/dictation I received yesterday to send on to Dr. Sullivan at UCSF. Let's just say "Praise the Lord" that He has given man knowledge to understand "Dr speak"! My head is swimming. Anyway, I did have a chance to talk to Dr. Sullivan a few days ago who assured me that he would love to see Raegan. Now mind you I am just a bit overwhelmed with this whole process and I like to have as much info upfront as possible. In speaking with him he was very apologetic that he could not see me until the last week of July since he is the camp Dr for an epileptic camp all next week. So this morning as I was searching him online I came across his profile picture and had the sudden urge to pray for him. SO, I decided that with google image you can find a whole lot of stuff. While looking up his picture I saw this one and followed the link. What a wonderful testament to working "outside" of yourself. So far he seems like a very kind person. I pray God's wisdom as he receives all of Raegan's records and that His will will been done throughout this process. So if Raegan comes to mind please also pray for Dr. Sullivan. Thanks in advance!



Here is the article that was with the picture from 2010:

Dr. Joseph Sullivan, a Mill Valley resident and director of the UCSF Pediatric Epilepsy Center, was honored in San Francisco last week for his work with epileptic children.

The Epilepsy Foundation of Northern California named Sullivan the 2010 Volunteer of the Year at the organization’s annual Candlelight Gala on Nov. 12.

In addition to his work as director of the UCSF center, Sullivan has volunteered for the past three years as an attending physician at Camp Coelho, a weeklong adventure in Yosemite for epileptic children ages 9-15. At Camp Coelho, kids with epilepsy are given a space where they can leave the stigma behind and enjoy the outdoors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment