Saturday, July 14, 2012

You're Outta Here!!!


July 29, 2012 Friday

Dr. Asaikar walks into the room. We are here for our typical 6 month follow up. We have now been seizure free since Sept 6, 2010 the last eeg documented seizure and October 2010 when we got the official All Clear! We have been coming every six months and will continue to do so, or so I thought. He walks in a has a huge smile, complimenting Raegan and says "Well, I'm done with you"! I was like WHAT?????? He goes on to say she is doing great just promise to drop me a post card once a year letting me know how she is doing. Then he begins the "technicalities": 40% of IS (Infantile Spasm) patients have a recurrence of seizures later that would then be classified as Epilepsy, 15% will be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, 40% will have learning/processing disorders... I say "Well, I'm glad you brought that up. We have been noticing that she seems to be having a hard time processing instructions/things in some settings. Also, we had a weird experience two weeks ago and we don't know what it was." As I begin telling him about the "episode" Raegan had his face IMMEDIATELY falls and the questions begin "What was she doing" "How many times has this happened" "How long did it last" "What else is she doing" I then knew that he was "on the hunt". He says I am sorry but it sounds like absent seizures. I want to keep an eye on her, track any episodes and then we'll do an EEG. If you start to notice that you are tracking episodes everyday call the office and we'll get her in sooner. So off we went. My heart was heavy but I told myself it's nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment